View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow solo4life person I gotta say you're looking at this all wrong, if you're playing for you and you only then who cares if 99% of the server is also playing class_x? Uniqueness doesn't apply to a game old enough to buy booze.
It's just that part of the reason I enjoy a wizard is because I know there isn't as many of us as there is of other classes. I can feel slightly more unique. Oftentimes I might be the only wizard available and that means I appear on someone's radar, however briefly.

But I suppose there is a reason there aren't as many wizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Max mana pool means almost nothing with C2. Enc gearing is 205 CHA > FT 8 > HP > AC - all of your options basically have some combo of int/mana on them too.

How many times are you going to die running oom as an enc vs. dying to a bad pet break?

Anyone not going max CHA high elf enc is just missing out on an opportunity to replace their pure CHA gear with beefier stat gear later on (think neriad shawl --> shawl of perception, vyemm gloves, etc). You have illusion spells, use them if you don't like the high elf look.
Just that higher int makes things easier at lower levels, and makes things easier to tradeskill. I do tradeskills on basically all of my characters and having my enchanter struggle as much as my melee classes really sucks. Before I can get to those vaunted OP charm levels I basically have to kill mobs like a mage, and that takes mana. How do you get past them without a good mana pool?
Last edited by tadkins; 02-04-2023 at 01:31 AM..