View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I typed it wrong. Forgot it was 240 over the course of the dot, not 180.

You can’t compare an axe of resistance to a normal 1h knight weapon. I can’t imagine trying to keep aggro (or kill something) with that since any 19/24’ish or better ratio is a struggle.

This is a case of “play what you want”. The scope of what a knight does in a group/raid or what it can while solo doesn’t come down to that last little toy. It’s pretty easy to make an argument for any race. Even leveling speed is a factor because the slog from 54-60 delays your end game activities.
When it comes to Axe of Resistance, all I am saying is I can't think of a normal fight where you actually need 25 MR on a weapon. Typically that kind of situation is where you are not tanking, and just trying to survive AoEs (raiding). In that case you aren't worrying about DPS or trying to keep agro. It seems like a very niche concern. In any normal solo/group content swapping to resistance gear is enough.

"Play what you want" is always an option, but OP is asking for suggestions hehe. If he didn't care about the different advantages/disadvantages of the races, he wouldn't ask.

You could make the argument that Iksars are the best raid focused SK, since you typically won't be using Blood Ember in raids. They have the best mitigation, and Greenmist's proc is a good agro generator. The problem is SK's are the worst raiding class in the game, so I would never recommend somebody roll an SK with min/maxing raiding in mind.