View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 02:51 PM
Kobold

You have started what is the most fun part of the game, a fresh character without any others gearing it up. Enjoy it, because you will likely bypass this stage in future rolls on the server.

My advice.

1) Save ruined pelts for tailoring armor, save others for armor quests or selling to PCs/Higher level tailoring.
2) use sharpening stones on rusty weapons and sell, work up blacksmithing to make banded
3) Con everything, only fight white cons or blue.
4) Your best weapon early game is a spear, 6/29 iirc. About 10p from vendor but sells back about the same so can get money back when done with it.
6) Get a shield asap, extra AC. Start with whatever is avail in Halas. But there is good vendor for them in Qeynos pali guild area.
5) Your city has several good newbie quests. Check them out. I know shaman can get necklace to summon magic hammer. Magic weapons are hard to come by early game.
6) Next zone over, Qeynos hills, has good newbie armor quests from elves sitting by fire. Good early AC pieces.
7) Qeynos sewers has some rings and earrings available for total of +20 HP. Also a neck with +3 CHA

That is a great starter area that I missed out on with live. So much there for the fresh toon.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 01-16-2023 at 02:55 PM..