View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly believe that if you have term limits on its own it creates a gateway for a revolving door for bought/paid politicians. The Thiels, Kochs, Soros will have bidding wars on which potential politician will advance their agenda the best.

We all understand most members in Congress are already bought. Instead of one person being bought and paid repeatedly (rep or senator) there will be many. If they know they won't be in office long, they would definitely be more inclined to be bankrolled to maximize their gains during their short stay.

Term limited + removal of money from politics are the keys.
Yeah, I could see that as well.

I keep waiting for a hero to swoop in and save us, but it might be up to us to clean the place up. But everyone is understandably busy with their life. Are we even able to correct this while working inside their system? Can we fix this just by voting?

Sounds ridiculous, but I wish we could crowd fund an investigative team to root out the corruption. But that's a pipe dream. They would never be able to get close enough to the bad actors.