View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you're level 55+ (maybe lower if you're a cleric), you can join the Open WTOV raids and have a shot at gearing up on pretty decent Velious quest armor. Better than Thurgadin stuff. All you have to do is show up, contribute, and be willing to switch to Kael faction in order to turn in what you win.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=396961

Other than that, you can literally spend years not worrying about the grind, and just traveling around, making friends, doing group content, quests, helping others, and slowly building up your gear either through winning randoms, or making plat to buy the items or MQ rights to the stuff you want. You gotta give in order to receive.

After the rug was unexpectedly pulled out from under my feet and my guild was reduced to like 3 active players, I joined a static group with some friends, and we farmed stuff 2-3 times a week, sold what we won, and split the profits. With that, I was able to buy MQ rights for the PSG and SEoC for my epic (granted, I had everything else done/collected while Black Lotus was still a guild). I bought a Tolan's BP. I participated in the open WTOV raids and have all of the Forest Stalker armor I was wanting. I have two Bracers of Benevolence just by devoting time to showing up when Scout Charisa spawned and winning /randoms (everyone there kills the mob for you).

There is plenty of opportunity if you leverage the social aspect of the game and build a network of people who enjoying grouping/playing with you. Also understand that unless you're a raider, you don't NEED best in slot items, epics, or anything fancy to enjoy the game.

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with <Castle>, but maybe you could give them another try. Or maybe <Pals> or <The Drift>.

Trying to play this game solo is a tough path and you will get discouraged.
To be fair to op, the whole building a network of people to group with can be difficult given his class. Being a wizard can make it pretty tough to break into a group. That’s why I suggested he should maybe roll and alt that’s not conducive to grouping.