View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with a lot of this, except the part about JBB vs Epic.

In 90 seconds, the JBB will do 32.8 DPS, requiring roughly 11 clicks where you are locked the whole time from doing other actions and having to mash a button every 8 seconds.
In 90 seconds, the Epic will do roughly the same if you decide to root rot 2 mobs, which only requires 2 clicks, freeing up the other 72 seconds to do tons of other things(or nothing if you choose). It is easily feasible to root rot 5-6 mobs at a time with 11 clicks available in 90 seconds. A moderately skilled shaman can definitely maintain 90ish dps.

Not to mention, JBB will break root much more often.

JBB is more of a fun clicky from 45-52. I'd put it at like 5-10% tops of overall epic utility/power.
This is a very common misconception. I am not really sure where it came from. The only thing I can guess is people don't try other strategies outside of root/rotting with Shamans very often.

When you are leveling with JBB, you do NOT root rot. This is because JBB breaks root, as you say. It is a waste of time. Instead you play like this:

1. Have a hasted pet.
2. Pull mob with slow and root adds (if any).
3. Face tank the slowed mob and spam JBB, with your pet beating on the mob.
4. (Optionial) depending on your level of gear, you can start DoTing the rooted mobs if you have enough mana/HP regen for your current camp cycle.

I leveled from 45-60 this way, and you can easily keep up to near 32 DPS this way from JBB, plus your hasted pet's DPS and maybe weapon procs between casts if you have something like https://wiki.project1999.com/Blight,...of_the_Scourge .

It's much better than 5-10% of Epic's power when leveling, simply because keeping 4 or more mobs rooted is quite risky without Torpor. You will burn through a lot of mana/HP on unlucky root breaks. This is especially true if you are also using mana DoTs to speed up the process.

Epic's power is also very dependent on the camp you are at. Not all camps have 4+ mobs constantly available for root rotting, and any camp with 1-2 mobs JBB can keep up with.