View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 02:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I've seen several attempts at altering this over the years, all taking the same general approach (some files are lost to time).

It sounds like you took the same approach and filled in the missing instruments into the original synthusr.sf2. Sound quality is good. I'm actually happier with yours than where mine is at this stage.

But one thing that I've done this time around is start to really dig into the emt / eff files, figure out what some of the unknown values actually do, and discover some of the limitations of the emt filetype that the eff file doesn't have.

Currently working on a tool to edit the eff binaries directly, since they support about 4 more functions than the emt filetype does.

Feel free to chat me up in the discord about this.
I originally did my sound font in 2013. I think it was around 2015 I started messing about with my own Everquest server. That's when I came across the utility on the EQEmu site for converting the sound files. I never really took it any further or dug any deeper into the sound files. As I said in my other post after lack of interest I stopped working on the emt files. I’m very interested to see what you do with your utility.

Do you plan on hosting it on Github or something similar?

I’m currently working on UI’s for P99, EQ Live and EQ2 at the moment. If your going to make the tool available I’d be more than happy to find time to try and do some zones.

As you mentioned Discord, If you have a Discord server for keeping track of your project I would be interested in joining would love to see this completed.