View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont get this logic could you explain?
For instance, Silver Chitin Wristbands. 3.5 wt, way too heavy -- but 15ac +40hp and +7str +7dex. worth the trade-off -- until level 50. All that heay twink gear (barbed dragonscale, oiled greaves, etc) is worth it until you want mobs to not hit you as much.

player sub level-50, the mobs aren't strong enough to really do enough damage for it to matter:

But as someone else explained, because the mobs start to really scale up at 45+ -- by level 50+, you want to have low weight to maximize AC (especially if soloing). im also convinced to this day that there is a hidden mechanic also associated with weight. my (unproven) theory is that weight doesnt just affect AC, but also dodge, block, riposte chance.

The AC penalty for weight also scales with level. So at level 50, the penalty is huge for being even 1 stone over (-7ac iirc). this continues up to like 20 stone over (with diminishing returns) Over 20 stone overweight, its barely any change. But youlll get like -80ac for that 20 stone over.

theres definitely more concrete info on this on forums, and i have saved an excel sheet of each stone over how much it affects AC.