View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay_Young_Thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no he didn't mention crash safety.....centristdar beeping
Kind of a wash, I regard standards as having got "good enough" no later than 1997-1998. Since then it's been a lot of tail-chasing and diminishing returns, and the consequent destruction of interior design since interiors are now designed around the Hybrid III. I miss 5 MPH bumpers, never should've repealed that standard, feels like a modern car takes $5K damage if I look at it cross-eyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, sport-compact trucks seem to be a thing of the past. Ford Rangers are the size of F-150s from the 90's.
Somehow they convinced legions of city-slickers they need 9K GVWR trucks to pick up groceries and haul a few 2x4's. Even when those trucks sold, Detroit hated them like it always hated cheaper and less-profitable cars. Remember the first small truck Chevy sold back in the 70's? They called it the LUV specifically to try to discourage sales, same reason they gave the Chevette a corny name.

Danth