Thread: Lose Weight
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. The fear of public humiliation is one of the most powerful motivating factors a human can feel. Think about someone going on stage to play guitar for the first time in their life, think that motherfucker is practicing ? Imo fat people should be shamed, being fat is disgusting and not ok. God did not create your body to be disgustingly obese, if it hurts someone's feeling to get them to improve, so be it.
Fair enough, then we merely disagree on the effectiveness of it as a tool to motivate improvement to the masses

I think for you or myself, we might respond to shame with...trying to come up with a good description...a sort of indignant righteous anger. I think especially if the shame was warranted (otherwise we'd probably just ignore it). Like, "What? You think I can't do better than this? I'll show you"

But to assume that the majority of people respond to shame, especially when they are at probably a low point of their life being like 100+ lbs overweight might imply (there's gotta be something emotional driving that eating) in such a positive manner is to me overestimating the target demographic. I believe the majority of the target demographic would respond in a negative way that perpetuates their food addiction

And then the question is, is there another method of attack which could be more likely to have a positive result?

This guy is long-winded so dont have to watch, but he spells it out kinda like how I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=