View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Min/max route for a High Elf Cleric?

Instead of another Paladin I think I'm set on just making a Cleric, something I can solo undead with in 46+ dungeons and be a healer in some deep groups or lightly-manned raids. It makes more sense than rolling a duplicate class, at least right now, and it's something new and fresh for me. I've never played a Cleric before, I have about half of the gear I want to use and more than enough cash to cover the rest of the gear:

Sarnak Devastator
Crystal Chitin Shield
Sarnak Prayer Beads

Full Crystal Chitin Armor Set (6 pieces)
Withered Leather Bracers, Gorget and Cloak (4 pieces)
Obulus Death Shroud
Crystal Spider Eyes
Silvery Belt of Contention
Earring of Cleansing
Earring of Purity
65HP Rings x2

Since I already have a Dwarf Paladin and I believe in racial diversity among my characters (no duplicate races if I can help it), I'm pretty set on a Tunare High Elf. Is dumping into Wis the optimal play for a High Elf Cleric, with the last 5 into Sta or Str, or is there an argument for Charisma on a Cleric too?

I was torn on this decision for a second Paladin, having to decide between Sta, Wis and Cha for my starting 20 points. I hope it's a little more clear cut for a Cleric, particularly if I'm not going to live and die by Lull spells (though I do plan to solo some undead dungeons if I can, like The Hole).
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 08-30-2022 at 11:44 PM..