View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troxx's Mage was averaging 80 DPS based on the data he has given.
That's an aggressively careless interpretation of Troxx's claims. Let me remind you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx
Ailowen (60 mage) + pet (water) minus DS so far seb crypt

Low: 72dps
High: 175dps

I'll post screenshots later. busy at the moment

New pets are definitely weaker. I'm a sad panda but still averaging 90-110dps overall per xp group fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx
Bear in mind that things get weird when you combine fights. Actual dps levels for everyone involved (scaled or otherwise) are below actual real time values parsed.
Troxx's claim isn't 80 dps; his claims are that he did about 172% of the dps of the well geared sk (about 165% of the dps of the Tunare wielding monk), and that he eyeballed the average (each single fight gives him the real dps number; only the combined fights degrade to relative dps) to be about 90-110 dps.

We can do a sanity check on these relative values by assuming the real dps of one of the characters and calculating what that would imply the real dps of the others to be. If we assume 90 dps for Troxx it puts the sk at 52 dps and the monk at 55. If we assume 110 dps for Troxx it puts the sk at 64 dps and the monk at 67. If we assume 60 melee dps for the sk (plausible to me based on parses I've done in seb), it would put Troxx at ~103 dps.