View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Update to CS wyverns for SKs:

I logged in to my 52 SK to give this a go on blue. Self buffs only.

Very easy fight, though I spent a lot of mana doing it.

I pulled the mob to the beach, tapping it's stats on the way in. Hit it with dooming darkness (which lasted until the wyvern was slow speed fleeing). Hit it with Invoke Fear at 100% and again at about 65%. Stepped back at 19% for dots to push it in to natural flee mode without it turning on me for a round once the second fear broke.

Most notable thing was fear did make the wyvern enter the water, so beware of that possibility. Didn't use pet.

Dropped a stinger and coral crescent. Mob conned dark blue. No faction hit.

Second attempt:

Used Reaver and pet instead of Sword of Pain. Was actually actually a little slower! Just dropped meat (and some pp, as before) this time.

Third attempt:

Found an xp green wyvern so there tried kiting a drake. Largely same strat (but had to split with fd/snare). Only difference is I feared it before doing my taps (drakes here have a breath not dissimilar to Lady Vox). Dropped nowt but cash.

Fourth attempt:

Spawns are pretty hotly contested between quaders and fearers. Beware of the named wyvern and drake, Yvolcarn and Azureake ... "these dragons are not for eating!" they can be quite mean and give faction hits. As a fear kiter you have an advantage as most quadders are reluctant to fight the cobalt drakes, due to the aforementioned breath weapon.

Edit:

Okay killed like 6 or 7 blue mobs in 25 minutes. It's a good pace and feels safe. Xp bar has moved to the right. Nice music. Try it out if you are craving a beach holiday! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 08-22-2022 at 12:41 PM..