View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Why are you using a raid parse when we’re talking group content lol. You’re comparing apples to raw fish. Everyone here knows that high ac raid mobs and giant level gaps have a huge impact on pet dps.

We’re talking groups; not raids.

Mage pet by itself puts out a lot more than 40dps. Have you ever actually parsed a high end mage pet DSM. If not, you’d be shocked.

Unless you’re lazy not chain summoning for a max and lazy not keeping up pet haste… you might see some lower numbers then.

Also don’t take my post out of context. Over 200dps on an all out burn on group content (pet plus nukes) is possible followed by a very long Med break.

My preferred nuke was shock of steel 825dmg, 6 second cast, conjugation spec 275 mana. With an Insta click to negate recast time that’s 137.5 dps potential chain cast. For a harder burn but more mana intensive being conjuration spec the 59 nukes comes out to 146.3 dps chain cast. Add in a max summon pet buffed/hasted and masked and you can crack 200dps on an all out burn factoring in DS.

For routine fights it was pet plus a shock of steel or 2 per fight.

100-120 is what I was capable before pet nerf with pet putting out 60-75 of that dps by itself. Remember though … this was back when the max hit on 60 water pet was like 68. It’s lower now.

I didn’t have to calculate anything. GamParse has a live, real time parse function with a heads up display. It also has a function where you can link a player’s dps and their pets dps. The parser will not pick up damage shield damage unless you, the player doing the parsing are the one with the dmg shield and being hit.

It’s not rocket surgery DSM …
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2