View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't need it, then alternate strategies work just as well. So it's a preference thing, rather than something that is granting you new possibilities. That is my point. I have no problem if you prefer using snare neck. That doesn't mean it is superior, saves mana, etc.

Ice Giants are not difficult at all, you do not need snare neck to do that camp efficiently.
I don't think you can dismiss a camp just because it's easy. That's just trying to talk down the point.

Besides which, alternate strategies won't work just as well. Very annoying having to deal with gate/cheal because instead of snaring it you rooted it or fought it close to an ally. Especially against unstunnable clerics. Often you'll need to clear more incidental mobs to make your fight area safe too if not using snare.

I gave a real example where we would have been better off with snare (fighting giant clerics or huge hp mobs at King Tormax's house).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung