View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The max 52 pet auto dual wields as well. I'd try for max almost every time. It really improves DPS. At 58, it's less essential.
On a mid 50's Shadowknight I recommend carrying some junk weapons or (better) torches. It's nice to get the max pet but you'll inevitably get strings where you can summon ten or more in a row without a max. Not too big a deal to torch something that hits for 35's instead of waiting for the 39 hitter. It's real nice to not have to worry about that anymore with the final pet spell at level 58.

It's true a lot of players severely under-rate the pet. I suspect it's because they get used to the crappy middle-level pets, mentally write them off, then never give 'em a second chance at high level. It becomes a very useful damage source. It doesn't hurt to use the Strengthen Death spell if you can spare the mana and buff bar slot. That also noticeably improves the pet, especially if you have a good one.

Danth