View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

That’s a joke ^ playerbase on red is no more psychotic than the blue guys.

And disease, give me some credit. I’ve been panhandling since the first moment I heard about eq emu and simultaneously panhandled on shards of Dalaya forums and p99 till p99 team announced the announcement of red 1. I want a classic eq pvp server to play. They let this one die and it’s not a huge ask to give it a second go. It had 3 or more decent years of healthy pop despite a flawed ruleset.

Rogean and team will come through, they already have with blue, red, and green.

So I’m looking forward to hearing the announcement of the date of the server announcement.

Three cheers for p99 team! Hip hip, hurray!

Seriously though, why wouldn’t they do it? Give the blue and green crowd something interesting to try. There’s a sweet spot of fresh server desperation that will give red 2 the best shot and we’re getting close to it.

I think there are three good server options in this order

1. Rallos zek item loot
2. Custom 2 hard coded teams with 4 lvl range and item loot
3. Custom 2 hard coded teams with sullon infinite pvp range and no item loot

Option 1 is best overall for low level enjoyment and engagement and because it’s an actual classic ruleset not a b.s custom ruleset like we got with red 1

Other options are viable alternatives worth considering because they’ve never been done before at scale.

Imagine being a twink Pk trying to loot good items having to make incursions into enemy territory. It will be much harder to get good loot from players and just as fun to try.
Lost but not forgotten.