View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is broken from a game design perspective. I've theorized this and gone well down the path of proving it. It's up to the staff to start addressing the core unclassic mechanics that make P99 too easy.

This started with proving Enchanter charm is trivializing the entire game from start to finish and massively breaking the leveling and itemization curves that should exist. It led to putting together the proof the channeling is insanely more successful on P99 than it was on live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqW42BFqVjo

And most recently after watching this video you can hear it directly from the guy who created the Enchanter spells that the way P99 works is nothing like live Enchanter.

Not only that but his repeatedly obsession with the "aggro system" and that he even seems to view EQ's core differentiation being this "aggro system" also tells me that another major problem, beyond channeling, is aggro. He even mentions aggro management for healers which is basically non-existent on P99 the same way charm is incredibly broken for Enchanter compared to live.

The vision Brad had in classic EQ does not exist on P99 and neither do the mechanics this MUD master implemented. We have a hollow shell and the devs don't seem to care even if you hand them the C++ code in a patch file like I did with undeniable proof that the mechanics should change and what is proposed is classic.
I hear you, but I am not speaking about issues with the p99 code in general, which there may admittedly be many of, but lots of work has been done in the last 12 years. As bad as you think it might be right now p99 was far more broken in 2009. I was more speaking on raid rules and other non-classic mechanics that have been added in to try and stem the toxic af raid scene that has perpetually existed on p99 in particular. Many of which I complete disagree with, such as rooted dragons and removing push interrupt, but I understand why they did it at the time.