View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a level cap would be fantastic for teams. Varying advantages for various teams at different points of the timeline, prevents no lifers from overwhelming one side ...

But would it? There would need to be some kind of code that would prevent toons outside the level range from engaging in and kind of pvp without flagging them for it. 30~ish bard hit your target with a selos? Kill that fucker.
EQ is just too much of an antiquated game that you can just accept any system it had and expect it to work. One thing i remember clearly from live is how i could blow my entire mana bar on a player that was high level buffed and barely dent his health. And this was against a player in the 4 level range on Rallos. Thats why i think a no level range is doomed to fail, once you get past a certain level difference you can just lul-one-shot people. On top of that, that practically illimited HP buff system.

Thats why when i played wow i found it immediately superior as a pvp game because if a level 53 gets cocky and takes on 3 lower level players he might not make it. This will never, ever happen in EQ. Thats something i also remember clearly from wow, taking down a level 53 hunter with 2 other people on my 27 priest.

I'll play that no level range teams server if it ever gets launched. Im pretty confident an FFA server is much better, a limited level (4-8 levels or something) teams pvp server second, but ill play it.

What i wont play because EQ X1 xp is such a sizeable time investment is an xp loss server. I said especially if we go full retard and go with that but i wouldnt play it. I was talking theorethically, if we go that way, level cap will help. But itll be dead in 3-5 months and ill have wasted all this time for what? For not even being able to enjoy the journey of what little pvp there is in a no xp loss server and arriving at the end game finish line to find that the population is already dead. I went with it the first time around for the ok lets eat that PVE cake with a sprinkle of pvp on top but not a second time lol.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-16-2022 at 07:53 AM..