View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:47 PM
Banned

Default Another gear suggestions/direction question - enchanter

I’ve been playing a bit more in the past few weeks, my only char on p99 is now the highest level EQ char I’ve ever had at level 47. At this point all content is new to me, so feeling a little lost on how/where to progress

Budget gear is as follows:

Opalline earring x2
5ac 55hp rings x2
Amulet of insight (3 neck)
Loam head
Incandescent mask
Loam mantle
Loam cloak
Gatorscale sleeves
Incandescent gloves
Loam belt
Drake hide legs
Loam boots
Rod of glamour
Crude stein

This puts me at exactly 200 cha unbuffed, 230 buffed, and about 140ish int, only about 900ish hp, forget what ac is

I’ve almost exclusively solo’d, 90% of which is charm soloing but the animation pet is surprisingly and unexpectedly good when you re-summon until max lev (I stop at max or max -1 lev) and give it haste and boon of the garou, in addition to slowing the mob it’s fighting. It can actually still kill kunark blue cons as long as I put max slow on them. It’s still far worse exp/hour than charm solo’ing, so I only use it when I’m especially tired or having to afk often. For where I’ve been hunting it’s mostly just kunark atm, open to suggestions too on others

Possible upgrades I’ve heard/thought about:

- next spell lev I get a better cha buff, so I might be able to replace an opaline earring with a hp/mana one. Although there are some tradable earrings on blue that run about 1.5k that have cha and a bunch of other stats in addition to I think a clicky effect. I don’t think they exist yet on green or else no one is trading them, but I was considering those as an alternative to hp/mana for earring slot when they become available

I don’t think I’ll be raiding, not in a raid guild, so for other pieces I think the best bet might be to go for the Skyshrine pieces? I hear skyshrine is in kunark correct? Can I skip the factioning (ally needed) by using faction self-buffs? I imagine buying the mq for these drops will be hella-expensive though

I don’t think I want to deal wirh the work involved in the crafting-based mr shawl I heard about. Maybe I could try for neriad at some point. Also I hear there’s a quested kunark ring that’s pretty good?

Budget-wise I have about 12k saved at this point, but this is on green where everything is more expensive. I already have theft of thought, allure, and clarity 2. I was saving for zumaik’s as next spell purchase, on green that will run me about 15k. So it’s really either that spell or tradeable gear upgrades but not both (yet). Bedlam is also going to run me probably 15-20k on green :/

Ty in advance for any guidance