View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck to you guys. Misunderstood might be the perfect name for you. Cause I truly don't understand pvp'ers in EQ. Roleplayers are kind of strange too. Fun to roleplay a little, but staying in Ogre speak 100% of the time is just plain annoying.
Thanks! I'm glad it's fitting. I usually play it by ear when my roleplay is too excessive for the atmosphere, honestly; if the group vibe isn't for it, I typically shelve it for the time.

Adding the PvP element, for me, is for a somewhat more immersive experience. In EverQuest, as an evil race, you are not trusted by much of the world's populace and, with a red name, the unfamiliarity of it for others yields a similar sense of hesitation and distrust. The idea of needing to look over your shoulder where you travel and knowing who you can count on really lends to the idea that you'd feel safer crawling around in some dark cave or dank sewer. I don't overtly look for someone to fight, but the idea of having to stay just a little bit more on my toes - and how differently I would need to think if I fought someone versus your conventional NPC - adds a fun variety to things.