View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 11:22 AM
Banned

I see ogres like a paleolithic group that was indoctrinated ya. And made to serve evil.

Sort of like if aliens landed on primitive earth and started rounding up people to subjugate everyone else.

They aren't inherently super evil.

That being said, dark elves are one of the few races that the ogres don't kill on sight, so the dark elves were willing to do what it took to earn the ogres respect, where as humans just despise and kill ogres and sight so they repay them in kind.

Trolls on the other hand have very little in the way of permanent structures and live on the ruins (giant hands) devoured and consumed of an old dead civilization.

Some join mercenary bands, and some escape. Yet most are just driven by hunger and impermanence. Trolls don't remember the past, they just consume the present.

Ogres have a past and I believe they remember. They follow dark gods because the rest of the world wants to destroy them and they are shunned by the good gods. Not because they are evil, out of necessity and survival.

Someone needs to go to bat for the trolls though, I wish they had a more developed and interesting storyline other than they are just bloodthirsty killing machines. Some of the best players I have met in game were trolls and if I had to chose one... I may chose troll because if your going to be beautiful like a troll be the most beautiful.