View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have heard of enchanters doing the treant camp is SK at level 29. Anyone who has done this with some advice on the best approach? I could go charm a decent pet, but wondering if it's possible to do just with my animation. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose I could maybe charm one against the other, though seems dangerous with 2 druid mobs.
I haven't done Treants that often, or on an Enchanter, so take this with a grain of salt. My assumption would be charming mobs is the way to go. Animations are better than people give them credit for, but they aren't amazing, especially at lower levels. Looking at their stats, Animations are basically slightly better Shaman pets that can dual wield. The obvious downside is you can't control them. Based on my experience with Shaman pets, you probably could lull one Treant, slow the second Treant, and have your pet beat it down. But that would probably be slower than using a Charmed pet.

According to the Wiki Treants are 23-27, so you should be OK to try charming one to fight the other. I think the two issues you will run into are:
1. Random DPS loss due to how often your pet is casting spells.
2. Charm break issues if the pet you charm happens to be level 27, as that is only 2 levels below you.

You may want to try seeing if you can reliably charm a level 25 or 26 warrior mob that spawns nearby. No idea if there is something like that around the treants, but that would be my suggestion.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-15-2021 at 01:01 PM..