View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is this info from? I literally just maxed out CHA like a month ago sigh
Originally came from the TAKP forums towards the end of august. A developer that had worked on both games made a post that he was being asked (assuming by the developers of p99) to implement the system currently in place on TAKP to be on P99

From what I’ve been able to deduce, currently on TAKP charisma has no effect on charm for enchanters other than for an initial resist chance. I’m assuming you know how incredibly infrequently enchanters got resists on a blue con target they tashed, in fact I can’t recall a single resist for hundreds of charm casts. So for charm, charisma will apparently be effectively useless

Does this mean charm will become more reliable? Unlikely, as there has been many threads in the past years ago stating belief based on comparing P99 to live that enchanter charm durations on P99 seem to benefit too much from charisma. The most likely result is charm for enchanters will function similar to how charm does for necros and druids in terms of reliability

What it also means is the class becomes much more one dimensional in terms of gearing. Previous to the change, the amount of ac, hp, and int ALONG with charisma on gear mattered, since you would be wearing that charisma gear full time. But with the changes, the only time you’d be wearing charisma gear would be before casting lull or attempting to memblur something. Wearing it at any other point is essentially wasting the gear slot for an attribute that is doing nothing

So any min/max’ers are probably going to switch to set of hp/ac/int gear and keep a set of basic charisma gear (once again, secondary stats don’t matter here) in their bags to put on briefly before lulling or m blurring

This essentially dumbs the class down in terms of planning one’s gear, and makes expensive high cha or difficult to get high cha items such as the crown of king tranixx or the neriad shawl as near-worthless to enchanters. So anyone who just recently put forth a ton of effort to get a neriad shawl, so sorry, you lose
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-15-2021 at 12:39 PM..