View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakanmer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great write up ! But its not like CHA is going to change a whole lot to charm duration. Im sure it wont break enchanter things that much. Maybe it will randomize charms a little more. To me CHA is more useful for the lull/ calm / pacify line (!) and as far as I play at lvl60 now, «* dictate*» charm all the way (chardok, SG etc). heck I charmed most of my leveling experience with poor charisma (under 100). Unless Im completely mistaken with the upcoming changes
For all the charms prior to dictate charisma makes charm last much longer and more consistently. It’s akin to how str affects damage. It’s still a bell curve of averages but more charisma will move the averages longer and you’ll see more max duration charms.

I 100% notice when I’m naked and trying to charm (maybe for a CR etc.) and even notice when my self charisma buffs drops, which arguably is above the soft cap and should have even less ones impact.

Short story is the change will severely impact charm and make the game slower (neat! I hope your happy needs),less fun, and more dangerous.

Cya Unsung! Thanks for pulling together some tips before you go.