View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more concerned with server population / activity than with preserving separation between blue and green communities and economies, and I think a merge will eventually be beneficial for that.

That said, activity is a weird thing on these old servers, with some content getting crowded and the rest ignored.
I get the server population idea in theory but really, can you get a PUG on either Blue or Green these days? I am not buying it that any harm is done by splitting the population three ways versus only two

I like the split idea, 1) for the economy, Green sucks but not like Blue, wait to merge in three or four years. Unless my second point happens, namely;

2) Add classic-inspired custom content to Blue, and keep a Green graveyard server for those that don't want to be in a non Classic server. One time non-reversable transfers from Green to Blue (or vice versa) based on if you want custom content or not

I agree that if there is not going to be any custom content added, ever, go ahead and merge Green and Blue once the Green timeline is done, not into wasting Rogean's time and effort and money into having an extra server just because of economy issues.
Last edited by Rader; 08-06-2021 at 10:36 PM..