View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Aviak

There are a few ways to handle what you're doing:

For option 1: You get to see the debuffs on your target (and any other targets) regardless of who casts it. The benefit here being if you see your target is already Mezzed, you wouldn't re-mezz the target, same goes for other dots/debuffs. From a grouping/raiding standpoint, this is ideal

For option 2: You control and see only your stuff, which you can equally use cancellation macros (as you stated), however those would be impacted by future casts as well. Example is you setup your timer to have a cancellation trigger for "Your casting is interrupted" or "Your spell fizzles". When you cast Mezz on the target and it lands, then attempt to gate out and it fizzles, all debuffs will disappear, despite them not actually being off the targets anymore.

Option 1 is the safest, utilizing the cancel triggers as well. Since you don't know what target drops their debuffs, you could setup to drop after a certain time period, as well as when the target is killed (by you or someone else) or the message that "Your {spell} has worn off". The problem is if you have 3 or 4 mobs, that last option (worn off) will cancel all debuff messages, so I typically recommend against that, and focus only on the killed messages.

Would be happy to discuss more. I love working with Gina, as it allows me to clear up a ton of on-screen crap!