View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default Some interesting results on strength buffs and (charm)pets

So I've been pretty bored lately and wanted to test this for awhile. my first series of tests is going to involve low level newbie mobs. I chose them becuase the stat buffs should have their biggest impact on those mobs and so if I saw little to no benefit from low level mobs I certainly wouldn't see them in higher level ones. Anyway...

Two different tests with many. maybe even thousand + but at least hundreds of sample sizes. i chose level 1 mobs and made them exclusively fight level 2 mobs.

So first the control group with no buffs versus group with savage + storm, somewhere around +80-90 str. And yes I tested if they stack first.

The buffed group actually had a very slightly lower hit rate (40%, versus 42% -- which is prolly not statistically significant), strongly suggestive that str buffs do not increase hit rate. i was pretty disappointed when i first calculated this as i thought for sure it was going to show the buffs doing absolutely nothing. But then I calculated the average damage and the buff mobs did around 155% more damage than he controls.

When I have time and I'm bored again I'll be testing some higher level mobs and possibly regular summoned pets, either necro or enc I'm not sure yet.