View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 05:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid scene in this is pretty ridiculous and sad. Most of the fight doesn't come down to can you take down the raid mobs in question, it's can you fight against the other players (who may be doing things like purposefully training you or otherwise griefing you to prevent you from getting the mobs before they do).

The problem is that EverQuest raiding rewards the raiders who have the least amount of lives outside of the game because of things like 8 hour windows and rewards guilds who can zerg the best. It's basically a contest of who can gather the most no-lifers with the most unhealthy pixel lust. But this is probably classic.
Unfortunately, this is pretty accurate. I can't speak for servers that I didn't use on Live, but on mine, pretty much all raid content was dominated by a single "uber" guild, with a hardcore elitest attitude problem. If another raid force dared to try to take a target that the "uber" guild wanted, then the "ubers" would just KS it, or train them, or whatever was necessary to make sure they got what they wanted. There are some people on Green (one guild in particular) that are following in this same tradition. The GM's essentially stepped in and said "Nope! Not putting up with that shit here. Find another way amongst yourselves, or we'll put new rules in place to force a less toxic environment." Both have happened.

In some cases there are "player agreements" in place to afford a more equitable raiding experience for all. In other cases, the GM's have laid down specific rules that must be followed. It's very complicated. It changes constantly. It's not always enforced appropriately. Long story short, if you wanna get in to raiding on Green, you need to do some research on the guilds, and choose one. Some of them don't do much raiding, some of them do a lot. Some of them are straight-up "zerg" guilds, some of them are more "small-man raid" focused. Some of them sock raid targets indefinitely, some of them don't sock at all. It's on you to find one that works for you.

As of now, the top raiding guilds are Seal Team, Kingdom, Black Lotus, and Venerate. Those are the guilds that seriously try to compete for the contested raid targets. There are a few other guilds that do a little bit of raiding as well: Fires of Heaven, Gathered Might, Calamitous Intent. Also of note, there are a few others that I think are trying to break in to raiding, but haven't quite gotten there yet, such as Safe Space, Dynasty, and Castle.

One other important note: On Green, there exists a guild "UN", with a dedicated Discord server. This is where the agreements and rules are typically worked out. The GM's use it, as well as representatives from the guilds that choose to take part in it (including all of those guilds I listed above). This is where raid petitions are filed (often with both video and log evidence), GM's lay down rules and judgements, and player agreements are discussed and ratified. Naturally, there are a lot of disputes and arguments, but, still, the UN is the beating heart of all raiding on Green.