View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try playing in windowed mode. That seems to have fixed it for me, and I had the same issue you had.
I play exclusively in windowed mode. Only tried fullscreen to see if it had any impact on framerate. It did not, sadly. I also tried different resolutions and refresh rates in both windowed and fullscreen to no avail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get win eq2 from lavasoft /nod
Have tried it many times now, with a lot of different settings. I even tried borderless gaming utility to see if that would help. No dice. Using any sort of wrapper has had zero change on performance for P99 servers. dgvoodoo simply caused graphical rendering errors ontop of the consistent low FPS.

It seems as though some sort of conflict has developed with how P99's custom files handle the titanium client and migrating from Win10 1909 to 20H2. It's entirely possible that some setting under the hood was changed during the update process, but I've yet to determine what it could be. The power plan is the same as it was prior to updating (AMD Ryzen High Performance).

The only lead I could find was another thread on the Project1999 subreddit where only several AMD GPU users were sharing pretty much exact experiences with framerate issues, but ultimately was a dead end for any fixes.