View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 07:13 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the replies, all.

So I get that I can FD to the bank, but that's not what I'm aiming to do. I'm trying to adjust faction so that I can walk in - that's my ultimate goal (and I realize there are other factions to fix, but first, I need to get through the gate). Something akin to the ogre who befriended all the good race cities. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm essentially faction questing at this point, and this one is stumping me hard core. I'd love to know if anyone else has done it, and if so - how many scalps does it take? (Partially because that camp is definitely contested, though shout out to Riot who let me kill anything as they camp the idol.)

With the faction scale, I know that one to be incorrect. It has to be. I wanted to get my "scowling" with the Qeynos guards up. In one night, I killed roughly 340 gnolls. That would mean, if the faction points on the gnolls is correct - it's + 10 per kill. That would mean 3400 faction. After that night? They were threatening. Either the gnoll count for faction is wrong, or the scale itself is incorrect.

I read on the wiki that the old scale (-2000/2000) only applies to certain factions, but that it was opened up for others to be a larger window. Found it! If you check here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

And scroll down to Faction System and Levels, the quote is: "Consider USED to be capped at +2000 and -2000. It was changed at some point to handle larger values. There MAY still be specific caps associated with certain factions, but I have not found any current evidence that this is true."

This coincides with my experience with the gnolls, as with 3k experience on the old scale, I'd have been much higher than threatening (again, provided the +10 hit is accurate).