View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While mana isn't totally irrelevant, you don't get that much out of stacking it. You probably want a decent baseline wisdom (I'd say 160ish) so your mana pool isn't so small that it becomes a problem, but other than that, having a huge mana pool just doesn't really do anything. Throughout a fight your mana will fluctuate between 0% and 70% or something like that. You're never gonna dump an entire full mana bar into something and then med back up to full, it's just not a thing shamans do. The only ones who genuinely get good value out of a huge mana pool are raiding clerics and wizards whose value in a fight is directly proportional to the number of spells they can cast without a med break.
160ish sounds good to me! Last night I scuffled some gear around and got to 161 without having to buy anything else. I could get rid of my 65HP rings for some more wisdom but I really don't want to sacrifice 130HP and what 12AC to get it