View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

On my Shaman, I normally use Paralyzing Earth due to it's much longer root time. It has the potential to save the most mana due to it's length, and it reduces the amount of roots per minute you need to cast. Fetter is obviously better, but that is limited to Wizard/Enchanter only.

If I need to cast back to back roots in quick succession for a specific situation where 3+ mobs are involved, I will use Paralyzing Earth AND Enstill. This will allow me to chain cast roots, without worrying about recast time. This also allows me to worry less about early root breaks, due to both spells lasting at least 1.6 minutes.

I do not like using the basic root spell, or immobilize, as a Shaman. If you need to root 4 or 5 monsters, the first root/immobilize will wear off by the time you are on your 4th or 5th root. This means you will end up casting more roots/immobilizes per minute, and will end up wasting more mana.

In situations where you cannot afford two spell slots for roots, Paralyzing Earth is still better. It has a FASTER recast time than Immobilize, and a longer length.