View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 AM
Large Bat

Default West Freeport, East Antonica, 2020

To her dearest Lord Prexus and Father Erud, by grace of Rogean, Nilbog, and of Odus, Beth, Breadmaker of the Docks, greetings and deepest love.

Your guile and handsome Shaquilleos writes you in endearment.

In better circumstance, this letter drifts slowly from the heavens into your lap, carried by a warm ocean breeze, fallen from the clutch of a fluttering dove, crisp with aromas of our sweetest flours and fresh picked Lady's Mantle.

And in better circumstance this would simply be a tale regaling my achievements to fill you with pride and joy.

Alas, my Brothers and me have sentinelled within The Freeport Milita House. A dearth place. I regret the state this parchment might be in when you receive it. My narratio is all I can offer you, my love, until my return to Erudin.

Once you have read this far, please deliver my letter to Loremaster Tyronius in our Great Library of Erudin. A Darkness resides in this dwelling and in these men, and I am fearful that essence poisoned my communication. Loremaster Tyronius will know how to safely exorcise.

I digress.

Being near the Antonicans agitates my Brothers, but we bear it dutifully. The Freeport Militiamen are uncouth hulks. Their only purpose serving to begrime the city through aggressive and laborious behavior. Untalented, they are trivially defeated by our Masters of Arcanery, the rank and file are not of our concern.

Most intriguingly, in the bowels of the guardhouse, an ominous presence fills one room. Brother Jentry and his Guard, Drazden, are quartered here.

After conducting interviews at the Temple of Marr, we were lead to believe The Freeport Militia purely secular. In Brother Jentry at least, we have identified control over God-given magicks.

In skrimishes, we have record of Brother Jentry healing and chanting Hymns of Prayer to bolster his allies. When you hear his unnatural voice, your innards recoil and swell, undulating with echoes of infection and disease.

Has Sir Lucan Dlere usurped this city AND the Gods? This lust for power is negligent worthy of death. The Dark Men of Odus have studied the room without rest for days on end, desperate for better understanding. The Darkness looms. When will it appear? Fortunately, we have learned from The Great War, and embrace the darkness ourselves.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shaquilleos; 05-23-2020 at 12:15 AM..