View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna add that I've had mobs bash me from behind, hitting for damage, and not stun which is also incorrect. AND, I have gotten an occasional (5% to 10% chance) stun with a non-bash attack from rear, which never happened in years of play on live (happened a lot here a few years back, but you guys fixed that). Seems attacks from rear are not resolving stun chance correctly at all for player chars or NPCs.

Bash from rear was all a soloing sub-22 Paladin had to slow a runner, I was very reliant on this mechanic back in the day as I enjoyed playing Paladin up from scratch on new servers and did it several times.

Pulling from melee range also, wait for mob's initial attack round (which might include a bash) then turn to run with a fair few seconds grace before a stun was possible when mob's secondary attack recycled. This is f'd up now with the screwy random stuns from non-bash attacks.
Dolalin linked the why it was put in however the actual numbers ie 10% chance stuns from rear due to non-bash is based on tons of logs from in era. Probably from Torven if I had to guess.
Last edited by Pringles; 05-17-2020 at 02:30 PM..