Thread: Game Mechanics: Two-hander Damage Bugged:
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 09:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2x weapon damage + damage bonus(if any) + str mod = your cap on P99. This is not an exact formula, just my observation, and one I remember holding true in classic also.

The wiki is probably just wrong. It's player created, not official.
I guess even if this is the case though something still feels wrong here? I have more strength with my 2-hander than I do with my 1-hander, but checking these logs suggest the 1-hander consistently gets the strength bonus not only more often but for higher amounts.

Comparatively, using a 6 damage 1HB and accounting for low-crits that resulted in these numbers, for all of yesterday my hit distribution of "2*DMG + Bonus" or higher was...

Quote:
787 hits (dmg - #times):
14 - 258
15 - 29
16 - 30
17 - 27
18 - 25
19 - 24
20 - 10
Maybe I need a larger sample size, but even in a drastically smaller sample size, my 1-hander is consistently hitting somewhere between 14-20 damage.

I guess I'm just confused why with a 2-hander I'm not seeing a similar distribution, this data would suggest that somehow my 120 STR contributes somewhere between 1 and 6 damage at a fairly low chance, but I expect to see that contribution on the 2-hander at a somewhat similar amount.

I'll spend some time today after work bopping more things with the 2-hander to see if it ever gets up above 44. If this is the case I should be able to hit for 46 as a maximum (the 46 in the initial set of data should be omitted because I was provided a strength buff for that hit).