View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wus quivering staff, silver chitin hand wraps, 55hp rings = my budget monk. lvl14 in maybe 10 hours. seems fun so far
I took my monk to the 40s with this and bristlesilk armour (looks like velious quest, actually is cloth). Mostly solo. That was before the meleebandage was made less reliable. Monks are ridiculously OP, especially iksar. 40ish was farming Thurgadin critter caves for dorf heads and silks. Replaced bristesilk with crystalline silk (cured silk with +mr).

Did most of the epic solo on my 60 ranger, a couple of fights I needed a heal and extra dps class. AG kindly helped with Bro Z, Gwarn and Xeno. Killed an extra monk bro for a second robe and replaced schw with the sky rot haste belt.

Did the monk shackle quest a couple of times for the bronze and steel shackles. Use jboots for magic kick, got a ww dragon neck and made sure to pick up a sarnak earring of the station.

All pretty easy to attain gear, seems to work well enough even in the 50s. If you want a low effort / cheap monk build on blue with some questing fun I don't think you'd go too wrong doing something similar.