View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

There were threads like this every single day up until red99 launch, the campaign was strong.

"when's red"

I came to EQ EMU because I heard about the legit and manly item loot guildwars serve. I found out that it was long gone, and started playing shards of dalaya. I was smashed vehemently in requests for PVP shards server, and so started doing the lords work here.

Now the pvp server is? 8? 10? years old. For about half of that or more people have been begging for a wipe because of the bad launch, unresponsive staff, corruption, generally high levels of toxic.

Now rumors are confirmed that a new server 2.0 is going to happen, eventually.

Good times ahead.

The existing server is still an amazing example of an emulated server, in fact its the best of its kind anywhere, to my knowlege. The playerbase for red doesn't have the passion and the community isn't strong enough to make R99 a good community.

We can see that the blue 99 community is insanely toxic as well, I would argue that it is more toxic. The difference is that there is a critical mass of non PVP everquest players to keep the non PVP servers active and alive.

For R99 server to thrive (any ruleset, any level of stillbirth and corruption) the R99 community will need to be not 2x less toxic than blue, but like 20x less toxic in order to keep the PVP blood flowing. It needs to be the best community that ever existed in a psychosis inducing highly addictive depression causing MMO.

Otherwise we will need fresh starts pretty often despite best efforts.

Magnetaress efforts are very solid and good. I do my part as well and if I could get active playtime I would be doing it in the game more often.

Keep up the good work team.

NOTE TO STAFF:

Don't communicate with this community through discord or other bullshit Q&A formats that a lot of people never get to hear or reference. It makes the knowledge hard to come by and these off-message board out-of-game communications are where all the corruption in the past began and flourished.

We get very little visible guide interactions here. , even the post from Sunderfury makes me feel pretty good and I am thankful for whiteknight for having invoked it, just so I know someone besides like the 6 people that post here are still clicking on this sub forum.

Thanks.
Lost but not forgotten.