View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 10:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ill give my 2 cents as somebody new to the server, only one char so far, and a very very small friends list.

I have heard that p99 uses a common standard of 1p per level. That has its ups and downs as a youngling as it forces you to to be EXTREMELY picky about ports and restricts the exploration of the game but nor would I want to spend my night porting lvl 5s all over for 5p a shot. I wonder if most of you realize how far from live servers the culture of p99 is. 1p per level is a heavy cost in that relation but on this server LOTS of players seem to have fat loads in the back and dropping that kind of cash is nothing. This is not a complaint as i'm just pointing out the difference in servers.

The "establishment" of ports (really we cant say their name here?) I personally think has a bit of sticker shock but dam its nice to be able and /a all *** and get a port at 3am. Its they way of the server and the economy here. On the ultra fking cool side twice now I have ran to the bank to get $ for a port on a CR and the porter refused to take the tip. They ported me for free and even buffed me. That shiz don't happen on live servers.

I guess the short point I am trying to make is that this is the way of the server and so be it. But to label the population as greedy $ mongers I just don't see it. Nearly every single player I have met have been cool peeps with a mature sense of playing and very helpful. It more then offsets the price of ports.
Now if there was a fast way to get a bind at 3am that would be worth $ too as there seems to very little population in the towns. Changing a bind on p99 if your a new guy takes hours of /ooc begging.