View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Default New Player Class Question

Hi all!

So in the down time that resulted from the TLP / SoE misshap I have discovered P99 and am making the switch! This server seems like a lot of fun and seems to have a very healthy population. On the TLP I had an SK that I thought was pretty fun and took him to level 47.

However, I am now at a cross roads as to what class to create here. My first choice was an Iksar Shaman, however, I have seen from the little research I have done that they may be way overplayed here. Is that true? I would rather not recreate the SK as I would like a change of pace. I like melee but not a warrior who has no utility what-so-ever. I would like to be able to be a little independent if needed as I have no friends here.

So my second choice was a DE wizard, however, it sounds like they may be at a disadvantage here due to their relative weakness in classic and in not bringing a lot of sustained dps to groups, however I know they are rare.

In general, what classes work out well here? My first preference is always to group but I would also like the freedom to solo if I only had a 30 min or so to play or if I couldn't find a group.