Thread: Auld Lang Syne
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the whole idea behind ALS and actually think it is a good thing overall, to play true classic, but I am sorry, the above services are not "part of the p99 economy", they are players giving up time mana and risking death sometimes to help out their fellow players. Accepting money in these cases isn't somehow gaming the game, it is compensation for services rendered. Curious if someone can clue me in on how I am wrong.
Hey Nilstroniakrath!

Its just the ALS way! We just like helping the people of Norrath. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As services not being part of the economy.. maybe not per say but bringing items, plat, or any type of currency into the guild from a form not within the guild is prohibited. We strive to help each other within the guild, and the people around us in a friendly manor.

I've been in ALS for I think a year and half now, and to have close to 10k pp for me is a rarity. Yes we buy / sell / help one another but plat is much different inside a guild that you wheel and deal with each other. So taking any form of donation from outside sources weather it be from porting, rezzing, tradeskills ect. it has an impact on the core of the guild as a whole.

We don't refuse donations to be rude or not appreciative. It's just who we are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enjoy shooting over to the druid rings in WC to hook all my DaP friends up with C2 and GoB. Seeing them fiend out for mind candy is kinda funny :P

I'm also curious about the back story of the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin