View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, Saturday nights is when I normally get drunk and watch Toonami and tonight is no exception and it really really pisses me off when I see someone playing a class and not living up to its full potential.

I hate seeing bards just sing mana song in non-raid/downtime situations
I hate seeing bards who are one hit wonders.
I hate seeing bards who refuse to pull or tank when the group needs them to be either

Since P99 is mostly people in their 30s reliving what they thought they remember there are many "first timers" who remember what they thought they remembered and bring back what they thought they thought.

Warriors sub level 50 with proc weapons piss me off
Bards who refuse to accept they are a jack of all and a master of what is currently needed in a 6man group situation
Monks who stay in camp to fight and not chain pull when needed (also applicable to rangers and bards)
Enchanters/Necros/Druids who do not charm

Since this is a bard thread, you really need hp/ac/stam gear in that order to literally be that Jack of All hero that a group needs. Why?

For mezzing and charming your CHA does not matter much. Your level + Mobs MR > Your fucking Charisma. Once a Mez lands IT WILL ALWAYS BE FULL DURATION (4 ticks) NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. And your singing/instrument skill > DEX at all fucking times will determine if your song does not miss a note.
I do not know how to explain these further without GM intervention and since they did not want to chime in in the past 9 years since this server was a thing, you really need to take my word that CHA/DEX is not anywhere as nearly as important as these Old Wives Tales posters make them out to be.

You are a tank
You are a puller
You are a downtime reducer
You are a mezzer
You are whatever the group NEEDS you to be and you need to adapt to what they want.

If you refuse or cannot accept this fact, make something else.
Warriors/Knights tank better than you
Monks (and kinda rangers) pull better than you
A cleric/chanter combo is better than you
A chanter is better than you

Stop thinking that end game raiding (mana battery) is your leveling up duty
Stop thinking that only knight/wars are tanks, believe me when your level 20 aoe slow is one of the biggest agro generators is a thing
Stop thinking that your Lull song is useless
Stop thinking y

i lost my train of thought, be a hero that most groups need or move on to another class.
I disagree with a lot of what you said but specifically that monks and rangers are better pullers than a bard. In a group I will be lining up pulls non stop, charming, mez/snare splitting and basically keeping the exp flowing far better than and monk or ranger could.