View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to diasgree. Druids especially need teleport spells just to be a desirable class to play. Proof of this was how Sony tried to "fix" the Druid class with their 75% complete heal spell after they were completely broken because they made porting easy access to everyone.
I agree with you, but I think you are coming from the problem from the wrong viewpoint: taxi should not be the best ability of any class. TAKP actually has a very nice balance between the healers:
  • Clerics: best and most efficient heal, biggest HP buffs, weak debuffs, no mana regen
  • Shamans: worst and least efficient heals, worst HP buffs, best debuffs & mana regen
  • Druids: in between on all fronts

I could definitely get behind a fee for using the Wizard spires. Every 20-30 minutes a Wizard appears at the portal and for the next 5 minutes you can give him 20 platinum to be translocated to the spire of your choice.

Anyway, the problem with EQ was that by the time they fixed the imbalances in one expansion they had created new ones in the next one, and thus they never really figured it out.

Also, once Nilbog & co are done replicating classic EQ I think it might be interesting to try perfecting it. I think late velious balance is actually pretty good, but it could definitely use a few tweaks.
Last edited by Raev; 02-07-2019 at 09:06 PM..