View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"150 is most certainly not the immunity threshold. 150 MR gets you about 87% resistance to snares according to my last batch of tests
This post was 9-9-2002 during Luclin, 1 month before PoP came out. These results are after the resist system was already changed so before this change, your chance to resist was even higher so of course I'm right.

If that same test was done pre-resist changes, it would be 98% immunity to root since the August 2004 patch notes say that's what the resist cap was:

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=2295

Here's a post from 11-02-01 in Lethdar's second link that really describes how easy it was to resist root: "I was doing well pet kiting a level 60 paladin yesterday with my 56 necro pet that had MR buff (so it resisted or broke most roots)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the issue of line of sight for nukes, macken is correct here and wehrmacht is wrong. Prior to 2003 once you had someones target you could nuke them through walls without much issue, infact i remember the first time this happened to my monk in HHK when a necro snuck in and was pretty fucked at lvl 20 with no way to retaliate / find them.
It depends what month pre-luclin you're talking about actually because from my research, line of sight was changed twice pre-luclin. There's a post on TZVZ forums of Xebeken even admitting that a double line of sight check existed on SZ pre-luclin for a while but he claimed it was "a mistake" and they didn't mean to do it.

Quote:
Melee shouldn't be skillless macktrucks immune to all forms of cc waiting to truckfuck any fools playing casters once they get a few pieces of resist gear.
As I've already said 5000 times before, that argument about crowd control spells somehow magically fixing casters fails completely due to SK's, paladins, rangers, and bards all getting CC spells themselves. So all you're really doing is making hybrids more powerful and pure melee worse while casters kind of stay right where they were.

Pure melee that aren't in high end raid gear already sucked so you're just totally destroying the game balance this way by making hybrids the overwhelming 1st choice for PvP.

Casters are supposed to be glass cannons. If you think casters need to be improved, all you have to do is alter their direct damage spell resists or alter the 66% of normal damage PvP nerf.