View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Developer

Default A new twist on pvp rules: guild-based pvp

I played on Rallos Zek and I'm a big supporter for a FFA server. But I understand that there are also a lot of people who want team pvp or faction pvp.

How about guild pvp? It's new. It's unique. And it hasn't been done in EQ before (unless I missed something!)

Non-guilded individuals are FFA rogues/pariah/gluttons for punishment.

The way it would work is: you cannot pvp people in your guild and guild/group members are protected from AOEs, etc, etc.

Guilds can attack other guilds but they can also form alliances /guildalliance <guild> that extend the non-pvp aspect. Guilds can later /guildwar <guild> to initate a war. And even /guildpeace <guild> <days> <hours> to form strategic, temporary alliances or contract-based alliances.

Now not only will personal reputation be important but guild reputation will have a very lasting effect. If one individual abuses their non-pvp rights by assisting in the assassination of a fellow guild member then either the guild would take action or burden of proof could taint their reputation.

What do you guys think? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]