View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can pretty much guarantee neither of those will ever happen. The problem is ... let's say I roll a Barbarian Shaman. I get all the way to 60 using my almost 0% XP penalty (vs. 40% for trolls), my ability to buy/sell in good towns, my Tribunal-imbued Northman armor, etc.

Then, I drink a potion and become a Troll. Now I get the Troll racial benefits like regen, but I never had to suffer the Troll issues (like being KOS in Freeport) like a real Troll would when leveling up. Same problem, just on a lesser scale, for religions: if I use the Cazic fear necklace to level up then switch to Inny to get the snare necklace once I'm 60, I have an unfair advantage over players who started out with Inny and didn't get the fear necklace.

It might be possible to give a huge downside to whoever drinks a race change potion (eg. they lose a few extra levels, beyond the XP penalty difference, to make up for any advantages they had), but based on previous comments from the devs even that seems very unlikely.
What if it was a crazy long epic quest type thing to get the components? or you ate a level of exps?