View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to list everything that would keep server population high as possible and keep GM involvement as low as possible. Don't really even need server rules at all with that setup which will be a nice change from TZVZ. ...
This is basically what I was going for. I guess I didn't read the rest of the thread very well and misunderstood what people were arguing about.

Quote:
You can't use that methodology because there aren't enough evil races and no evils with access to druid, paladin, and ranger either. The absolute closest you can do for a semi-believable roleplay setup and still give each team every class is the following setup
You forgot Bards, but still I don't think it's that uneven. I don't think each team should get every class - that's the point. There should be incentives to join certain teams, like wanting to be a necro and solo easily (or being an ogre SK/warrior and having the most stamina), forcing you to be evil. Also I could be wrong, but I think dark elves are already one of the most popular races, so there are strong non-strategic incentives to go evil already. In addition to that, there would probably be people who'd just prefer the challenge of going evil if it handicapped them a bit. I don't believe it would be as bad as you say.

Lastly:

Quote:
I could easily imagine P1999 red getting an even higher population than regular P1999 if it went teams.
Let's not kid ourselves. Surely a red P99 would have a consistently high population (in the hundreds, minimum) but pvp has always been less popular than pve.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis