View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the server should go with teams. This isn't really my preference, but I think it's just better for the longevity of the server

Most the people wanting FFA even agree teams would have more longevity. Don't think I saw one person try to debunk the first page analysis. I like to be able to attack anyone I see, but I'm not stupid enough to vote for an option that is going to cause the server population to be half or less of what it could be. I could easily imagine P1999 red getting an even higher population than regular P1999 if it went teams.

EQ PvE is group based. With only 1 IP allowed per player and slow leveling, going FFA is suicide for population. Imagine being a new player to server not in a guild playing some stupid class like a dwarf rogue. You're completely unable to solo, you look around and there's nothing but a couple 30-40 man uber guilds, anybody you try to group with kills you. There goes the server population.

Is there anyone that actually disagrees with the shadowrest stuff from the first page plus all the other things? The only thing I see in dispute is FFA vs Teams. I tried to list everything that would keep server population high as possible and keep GM involvement as low as possible. Don't really even need server rules at all with that setup which will be a nice change from TZVZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not here to shoot down what you're saying, I just don't think anybody would be able to survive as a half elf, you think so?
They won't be any worse off than the enormous freeport area battles that will ensue. That's the whole point of the server, you have to kill off the other people to take zone control. Heresy won't have less people to fight, you will be fighting off MORE people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(ie, being the slightest bit evil (belonging to an evil race, class, or religion) puts you on the evil team).
You can't use that methodology because there aren't enough evil races and no evils with access to druid, paladin, and ranger either. The absolute closest you can do for a semi-believable roleplay setup and still give each team every class is the following setup:

Dark Elf Alliance (evil)

Dark Elf
Troll
Iksar
Ogre
Half Elf
Erudite

Human Alliance (good)

Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Halfling
High Elf
Barbarian
Wood Elf
Last edited by wehrmacht; 04-06-2011 at 10:39 AM..