View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete.Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 servers. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made
Llandris recently confirmed too.