Thread: Game Mechanics: Necromancer Spell Threat
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Default Necromancer Spell Threat

I have more work to do on this, however I did promise to make a post today with screenshots of my DoT's doing excessive amounts of threat even just with the 1st tick:

Bearing in mind my level is 21, my pet spell is the lvl 20 research spell. Every mob (but the last) is blue, light blue or green to me. Pet taunt was on. Most of these are done while solo over the a few pulls, another is in a group later that night.

Notice: I didn't go crazy trying to prove the point repeatedly, it would only make for more screenshots and more annoyance in game to me and my group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Targeting my pet to establish that he is indeed Dark Blue, in case the damage dealt by it isn't clear.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mob is light blue, clearly below my pet, which is doing damage and taunting:

Pet has done 15% damage to the mob, has been taunting and I have done nothing. As you can see here the very second Darkness lands, I have aggro.

I had aggro until the mob was killed, more on that later.

Next up: Lesser Charbone, higher lvl than the last, same HP % (which means the pet actually had to do more damage than the last one. Same outcome:

Another light blue, lower lvl than my pet. Iksar Bandit:

Still not casting yet, and yes I'm a necro >.<

Bandit is at 75% with pet taunting and the very second the spell lands, I have immediate and absolute aggro, again.

And as before, I kept aggro the entire time, just from 1 Darkness spell, doing nothing but running after that:

Overview of some of the details of that fight. Just to point out, I did nothing but cast 1 stupid Darkness spell the entire fight and run from then on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Last edited by Knightmare; 04-03-2011 at 01:37 PM..